Posted on October 19 2018
Five Bible Verses for Healing and Strength
Having a fitness routine improves your physical health, and being in good physical health is important for living a happy life. Being physically fit isn’t the only thing that will get us through life’s challenges, however. Sometimes going to the gym won’t solve your problems. You need to reflect on your troubles to find out what you truly need to get through them. Call on the Lord for help. Remember these Bible verses in times where you need strength and healing.
1. “Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls’” (Matthew 11:28-29).
Remember this bible verse when you are feeling overwhelmed. When a problem seems bigger than you can manage, or you are hurting so much that you don’t think you will ever heal, know that you can rest in God.
God is good and merciful. He knows when you are struggling. He wants to help you. Put your trust in God and let him do that. You will be amazed at the positive change in your life when you decide to give your hardships to God and allow Him to take care of them.
2. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze” (Isaiah 43:2).
You are never alone. When times are tough and you feel like you have to do everything on your own, remember this bible verse. God is with you, always. All of your troubles will not overcome you. Your challenges and hardships will not win. God will not let them.
Sometimes it seems easier to run away from your problems than it is to face them. The fear of losing or failing stops you from ever trying. Just know that, even if you do fail, it will not be the end of you. God will not let you be defeated.
3. “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord” (James 5:14).
This bible verse is another reminder that you are not alone. If you need help, seek help. There are people out there who have been through similar hardships, and they can help you overcome them.
You might not know everything, but someone out there knows something. If you are struggling with something related to fitness, find an athletic trainer. If you are having a hard time with your faith, talk to a religious leader. Don’t be ashamed to seek help and advice from more experienced people. God put them in your life for a reason.
4. “My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh” (Proverbs 4:20-22).
If you feel lost, and do not know what to do about certain situations, think about this bible verse. Listen to God’s words. They will get you through any situation.
There are many ways to listen to what God is telling you. Read the bible. Have an intellectual conversation with a Christian. Read religious literature. Take time out of your day to sit in silence and reflect on your troubles from an outside perspective. Maybe stress is God’s way of showing you that you need to let go of some things that are so time consuming. Or the loneliness you are feeling is actually God’s call for you to spend more time with him.
5. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
This bible verse is a reminder to not worry. Instead, pray your worries away. Thank the Lord for all of the good things in your life. This will not only help you focus on the positive things instead of the negative things, but it will also strengthens the relationship you have with God.
If you talk to God about your struggles, He will provide an answer. He will give you a sense of comfort and peace.
For more spiritual guidance and some really stylish Christian athletic gear, visit us at ExaltFit.com today.